The Brazil-U.S. Business Council develops its Tax & Investment advocacy position through dialogue with its members. BUSBC governance addresses these members priorities and issues through its Tax & Investment Task Force.
BUSBC's Tax & Investment Force is chaired by Citi.
Tax & Investment policy issues advocated by BUSBC and delineated in BUSBC's 2012 Program of Work are:
- Support the negotiation of a Bilateral Tax Treaty (BTT) between Brazil and the United States. BLT
- Support the approval of the U.S.-Brazil Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) by the Brazilian Federal Senate. GOB
- Support Brazilian government efforts to update its Transfer Pricing Law. GOB
- Secure Brazilian National Congress approval of the Tax Mediation Bill (TMB). GOB
- Oppose discriminatory policies in the areas of insurance and reinsurance. GOB
- Encourage Brazil membership to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). MLT
- Promote discussions of a potential Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) between Brazil and the United States. BL
Task Force Activities:
- Work with Brazilian and U.S. partners to advance the Bilateral Tax Treaty agenda
- Continue to work with the Brazilian Congress to ensure the passage of the Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA)
- Coordinate advocacy efforts with Brazilian government and Congress
- Advocate for the signature of a Trade and Investment Framework Agreement between Brazil and the United States
- Support the passage of the Tax Mediation Bill in the Brazilian Congress
- Work with member companies to identify state tax issues that are burdensome to companies and the Council could help address.
Brazil-U.S. Business Council member, access the members only section of the website for BUSBC Task Forces and Working Groups Documents.
Get involved! Committee membership is voluntary and exclusive to BUSBC members, and each group is chaired by one or more members. If you are interested in getting involved, contact Mariana Yazbek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about how to become a member of the Brazil-U.S. Business Council and participate in the Council's Task Forces and Working Groups, please contact Mariana Yazbek at email@example.com.