The Energy Task Force and the Oil & Gas Working Group are committed to working together to strengthen the Brazil-U.S. energy partnership and boost energy security, economic growth, innovation, and job creation in both countries.
It recognizes energy as a high-potential sector for trade and investment between Brazil and the U.S. To that end, the Council endorses a number of actions:
- Urge the Brazilian and U.S. governments to hold regular annual meetings of the Strategic Energy Dialogue with a collaborative agenda and allow robust private sector participation.
- Urge Brazilian federal, state, and municipal governments to streamline the environmental licensing process, adopting clear criteria to avoid unnecessary risk, significant delays, and investment uncertainty. Support collaboration between the Brazilian and U.S. governments on environmental licensing (e.g., technical exchanges, staff training and development, and best practices).
- Support continued dialogue and collaboration between the Brazilian and U.S. governments with private sector participation to promote energy efficiency technologies. Work with the Brazilian government to establish a proactive and constructive agenda in renewable energy generation and energy efficiency, which encourages generation and does not create inefficiencies and further costs on the market.
- Support studies on the impact of renewable energy and cogeneration on the energy matrix as a whole, with cooperation from the private sector and academia.
- Urge the Brazilian and U.S. governments to sign a joint declaration concerning industrial and commercial cooperation in the nuclear energy sector to boost bilateral business opportunities, with a focus on research and development, supply chain support, and other nuclear applications (e.g., medicine, oil and gas, and security).
- Call for the Brazilian and U.S. governments to establish a U.S.-Brazil work plan to create a global biofuels market, outlining joint efforts at the bilateral, trilateral, regional, and multilateral levels.
- Recommend that the Brazilian and U.S. governments launch technical workshops on wind and solar energy generation and transmission.
Task force membership is voluntary and exclusive to Council members, and each group is chaired by one or more members. Contact us if you are interested in getting involved.More Testimonials