The Oil & Gas Working Group is a committee of over 30 companies, primarily from the United States, representing the entire production chain: exploration and production companies; manufacturing; and diverse services from drilling to offshore maritime support.
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Chevron chairs the Oil & Gas working group, administered jointly by the Brazil Council and the American Chamber of Commerce of Rio de Janeiro. The group represents the entire productive chain: exploration and production companies, manufacturing, and diverse services, from drilling to offshore maritime support. Its goal is to participate in the legislative and regulatory debate in Brazil and the United States in the oil & gas sector. The group aims to promote a greater role for U.S. companies in these developments, both by creating new business opportunities and by reinforcing the already strong U.S.-Brazil energy partnership.
- Advocated for the signing of the first U.S.-Brazil Patent Prosecution Highway Agreement, fast-tracking the registration of oil & gas patents.
- Supported the completion of the 13th oil & gas exploration round of bidding by the National Agency of Oil (ANP).
2016 POLICY AGENDA
- Urge the Brazilian government to continue its practice of organizing frequent bidding rounds to secure both domestic and foreign investment, as well as a continuous stream of royalties.
- Determine that the most effective way to develop the Brazilian Pre-Salt reserves is to permit private investors of any origin to operate projects with participation in
- Encourage the Brazilian government to implement measures that foster the growth of the natural gas market.
- Advocate for the Brazilian federal, state, and municipal governments to streamline the licensing process and establish clear criteria to avoid unnecessary risks, delays, and uncertainty in investments.
- Promote adjusting current Local Content Requirements (LCRs) and laws to address the existing bottleneck in the domestic supply in Brazil, enabling greater investment and spurring production.
Contact us if you are interested in getting involved.More Testimonials