The Retail & Consumer Goods Task Force is a committee of companies with retail operations and producers of consumer goods with sales in Brazil convened with the goal of creating a more efficient, profitable and safe environment for retail and consumer goods in Brazil.
The Council promotes these positions:
- Endorse the approval of the labor law reform to promote job creation, facilitate collective bargaining solutions, and allow part-time employment and flexible work hours, all of which will lead to effective regulation and a more competitive business environment.
- Promote the economic benefits associated with expediting bank credit card payment settlements, such as e-commerce growth opportunities.
- Support measures to develop transportation infrastructure to reduce logistics costs.
- Advance private sector collaboration to promote best practices in recycling via Brazil’s National Waste Policy as a path to economic sustainability.
- Promote efforts to harmonize the value-added tax (VAT), known in Brazil as the Tax on Operations Related to the Circulation of Goods and Services of Inter-Municipal Interstate Transportation and Communication (Imposto Sobre Operações Relativas à Circulação de Mercadorias e Serviços de Transporte Interestadual de Intermunicipal e de Comunicações – ICMS).
- Support regulations to align labeling requirements with international standards.
- Support the Brazilian government’s efforts to better regulate counterfeit consumer products sold through informal markets in Brazil to address lost tax revenue, lack of quality, and inventory control.
Committee membership is voluntary and exclusive to our members, and each group is chaired by one or more members. Contact us if you are interested in getting involved.More Testimonials