For over twenty years, the Brazil Economic Conference has been organized to provide participants with crucial insight into the current and future state of Latin America’s largest economy.
The 2014 Brazil Economic Conference addressed economic developments, including new trends and sectors that will continue to drive Brazil as an attractive market for foreign investment. We also engaged in a debate about the current political landscape in the country and the challenges that will face the next president. The roster of speakers for this annual milestone, organized to coincide with the fall meetings of the World Bank/IMF, is consistently comprised of such notable individuals as the Finance Minister of Brazil, President of the Central Bank, Brazilian and U.S. Ambassadors, and CEOs and Presidents of various global corporations. Leaders from the Brazilian-American business community attended, including top executives from the public and private sectors, fund managers, financial analysts, members of the press and representatives of the academic and government spheres.
Please click on links below to access speaker presentations:
- Odmar Almeida, President, Amway Brazil
- Robson Braga de Andrade, President, Confederação Nacional da Indústria – CNI
- Cassio A. Calil, Managing Director, Head of International Commercial Banking, JPMorgan
- João Carlos Ferraz, Director, BNDES – The Brazilian Development Bank
- Paulo Sotero, Director, Brazil Institute, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars