A key component of the Scientific Mobility program (SMP) are internships related to the student’s field of study, which can be science, technology, engineering, or mathematics fields (STEM fields). Offering an internship to an SMP student is a way to participate in the program and increase your company’s connections with Brazil while raising your profile vis-a-vis the Brazilian Government.
We are available to work with you in your efforts to host a SMP student for an internship. The Brazil Council works in partnership with IIE and LASPAU, the two administrators of the program in the United States.
If you are interested in this program, please contact Renata Vasconcellos to discuss how you can get involved.
Guidelines for Undergraduate Internships:
- Internships must be related to the major field of study (STEM fields)
- Internships must be a minimum of 8 weeks but no longer than 12 weeks
- Internships should be a full time position unless otherwise approved by IIE.
- Internships may be paid or unpaid.
- Internships begins after the spring term and can continue up until the beginning of the fall term.
- Students must comply with the two-year home residency requirement of the J-1 visa upon completion of the Scientific Mobility program.