The Tax & Investment policy agenda aims to enhance bilateral investments between Brazil and the United States by means of facilitating cross-border investments and reducing the cost of doing business for foreign companies.
The Council is working on the following agenda:
- Pass tax simplification measures and reform in Brazil.
- Effectively implement the bilateral Memorandum of Cooperation Infrastructure Development.
- Advocate for the Brazilian Central Bank’s independence.
- Endorse the modernization of Brazil’s Public Procurement law.
- Promote changes to regulation on foreign rural land acquisition.
- Revise the freight law and ANTT-related resolutions.
- Call for less restrictions on cross-ownership in
- the Brazilian telecom industry.